In Dosbarth Dyfi we will be using technology throughout the day, across all areas of learning to extend out learning experiences. In the class we try to be responsible Digital Citizens. When we learn new skills in class I will post videos of the skills we are learning each Half term so you can watch these videos to help you when your learning but also if you would like to continue practicing at home.
Staying Safe Online - Tips from Safety Net kids
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Apps we use every day in class you might want to download at home:
Seesaw Do ink Padlet I movie